- Severen and Plantinga. (2018). Land-Use Regulations, Property Values, and Rents: Decomposing the Effects of the California Coastal Act. Journal of Urban Economics 107, 65-78.
- Severen, Costello, and Deschênes. (2018). A forward-looking Ricardian approach: Do land markets capitalize climate change forecasts? Journal of Environmental Economics and Management 89, 235-254.
- Oliva, Jack, Bell, Severen, and Mettetal. (2015). Technology Adoption Under Uncertainty: Take-Up and Subsequent Investment in Zambia. NBER Working Paper 21414.
- Revise and resubmit at Review of Economics and Statistics.
- Severen. (2018). Commuting, Labor, and Housing Market Effects of Mass Transportation: Welfare and Identification.
- NEW June 2018 draft (with Appendix), older draft available as FRB Philadelphia Working Paper 18-14.
Works in Progress
- “Formative Experiences and the Price of Gasoline” (with Arthur van Benthem).